Saturday 31 December 2011

The Quest for Perfect Butterbeer

It is probably a good idea for me to keep track of this.

Being a Harry Potter fan to the point of it being unhealthy, I am on the quest for the perfect Butterbeer recipe.

The last one I made was a greasy buttery disastor that was too sweet and i could feel it clogging up my arteries as i drank it. The one before that was close in taste but not enough think drinkable froth. Also it was cold and i want something to drink warm.

The one i just tried which is based on a much more historic recipe was was bitter when you first drank then got the sweet aftertaste and made me shudder and is went down. needless to say it was.... unpleasent.

I'm going to document my efforts here i think. I want a recipe that i can drink warm and possibly has a slight alcoholic tint to it although that isn't neccessary.
It also looks like how it looks in the film. Rawr.

Yes i know many people have recipes up online but so far i have yet to find one that i can make nicely OR find one that i can actually get all the ingredients for. (brown cream soda doesn't exist in england) Or i could always make my own recipe when i have the time/money.

P.S I dont wanna know about The Wizarding orld of Harry Potter and how people have drunk the butterbeer there at the Three Broomsticks. I'm so bitter that i could explode. XD Plus a girl i was friends with (and who, i recently found out, has decided that she hates me for no apparant reason) went there over christmas so it's a bit of a sore spot. I thank you in advance for not rubbing salt in that particular wound. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment