Tuesday 22 November 2011

~* 30 Day Fairy Kei Challenge *~

So Laffi over on Millions of Bows has just started the 30 day fairy kei challenge. I thought it sounded like fun so i decided to do it as well! :) I wanted to do the Lolita challenge but not being Lolita and all, what would be the point. XD

The questions are:

☆ Day one: 5 things you like and 5 things you dislike about Fairy-Kei.


☆ Day two: Why and how you got into Fairy-Kei.


☆ Day three: A picture or video of your bedroom.


☆ Day four: 5 of your style-icons.


☆ Day five: 5 of your favourite places to buy your clothes.


☆ Day six: Your luckiest thrift-store find.


☆ Day seven: 5 songs that remind you of Fairy-Kei.


☆ Day eight: How do your family and friends feel about the style?


☆ Day nine: Your most treasured piece of clothing.


☆ Day ten: How do you react to positive comments or people curious about your style on the streets?


☆ Day eleven: How do you react to the negative ones?


☆ Day twelve: The craziest coord you’ve ever worn.


☆ Day thirteen: What do you carry in your bag?


☆ Day fourteen: Do you have any hobbies that you could consider ‘Fairy-Kei’?


☆ Day fiveteen: Something you or a friend made themselves
.
☆ Day sixteen: How did you dress before Fairy-Kei?


☆ Day seventeen: Do you dress in also another style, e.g. Lolita.


☆ Day eighteen: How do you dress when you go to school?


☆ Day nineteen: 5 of your favourite toys.


☆ Day twenty: What do you see in Fairy-Kei in general in the next 5 years?


☆ Day twenty-one: 5 of your favourite cartoons.


☆ Day twenty-two: The most expensive thing you’ve ever bought.


☆ Day twenty-three: 10 of your favourite foods.


☆ Day twenty-four: Your favourite motif.


☆ Day twenty-five: How do people in school/work react to how you’re dressed?


☆ Day twenty-six: If you could put any phrase on a conversation-heart sweet, what would it be?


☆ Day twenty-seven: Your dream job?


☆ Day twenty-eight: 5 of your favourite places.


☆ Day twenty-nine: Your favourite colour-combo.


☆ Day thirty!: Do you see yourself wearing Fairy Kei in 5 years time?



So! Day one!

5 things I like about Fairy Kei:
~ The colour palette - i love pastel colours and the ability to wear an outfit with loads of pastels in without it clashing is great!

~ The layers - layers petticoats on top of each other looks so cute!

~ The characters - all the 80s characters are things i loved when i was a kid so it's really fun to find a My Little Pony tshirt or something and make it kinda cool! XD

~ The girlyness - fairy kei makes me feel cute and girly again

~ The freedom - you can basically do anything with fairy kei, dress how you want as long as you stick to the colour palette and themes. I also love the creativity of it and the DIY aspect. i love how Spank!'s stuff all looks handmade (because it is!)

5 Things I Dislike:

~ Difficult to find - it's sooooo hard to find things to add to my fairy kei wardrobe!! Original 80s stuff is impossible to find and when i go shopping to find something particular there is never anything right. I think it's part of the DIY part too that it's hard to buy something with the intention of altering it. And a lot of things i see that i like i just go "well i can just make that myself" then never do. lol

~ The Layers - yeah i know i said i liked them but i also hate them. putting on too many layers just makes me look fat and frumpy and with the size of my chest, it's hard to wear more than like 2 layers.

~ The connections to Lolita - ok ok so i dont exactly dislike it but when i find a cute fairy kei post but it's the only one on a lolita themed blog it gets on my nerves. I love reading lolita blogs but i wanna see more fairy kei blog posts people! XD

~ The price - even when you do find a fairy kei gem, it's all suuuuper expensive. I'm a student and very poor so this is a kick in the balls (so to speak).


that's all i can think of really. XD

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the connections with lolita! Even when I'm out in fairy kei some people will ask me if I'm wearing lolita xD. Lolita is probably the largest Japanese fashion in the west, so it makes sense that lolitas like fairy kei and spread the word, I wish it could stand more on its own in the west myself. It's a little saddening to me that fairy kei is still not all that popular here yet! I hope it becomes like lolita in the ways that some people will be able to recognize it when you're out and about ;v;!

    ReplyDelete